Officers & Trustees | Governance Documents | Committee Charting
CubeSmart has structured its corporate governance in a manner closely aligned to the Company's interests with those of its shareholders. Notable features of CubeSmart's corporate governance structure include the following:
- CubeSmart board of trustees is not staggered, with each of its trustees subject to re-election annually;
- Of the eight persons who serve on the Board of Trustees, seven have been determined by the Board to be independent for purposes of the New York Stock Exchange’s listing standards and Rule 10A-3 under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended;
- CubeSmart anticipates that one of its trustees will qualify as an "audit committee financial expert" as defined by the Securities and Exchange Commission;
- CubeSmart has opted out of the Maryland business combination and control share acquisition statutes; and
- CubeSmart does not have a shareholder rights plan.